No time is a good time for cleaning… but even quick cleaning regularly will make house tidying less of a chore.
It doesn’t have to be Spring. These six quick cleaning tips can be undertaken when you have a little spare time… and then you won’t have to think about them for a while. But your house will FEEL cleaner.
Quick Cleaning the Bedding
Cleaning and changing your bedding is a normal thing to do. But have you ever cleaned your mattress? People forget that it needs to be looked after too, not just laid on.
- Give it a vacuum and a clean with bed friendly products. Not only will it feel cleaner, but it will smell divine too.
- Afterwards, spray the room with a divine room spray from Circa Home and light one of their scented candles.
Quick Cleaning the Windows
What good is a window if you can’t see out of it?
- Mix up some soapy water and give them a good rub down.
- If you don’t think that’s enough, spritz them with a good glass cleaner and polish them until the trees look green again! Plus, think of the workout you’ll be getting.
- TIP: the best way to clean glass is to spritz and then wipe down with newsprint.
Quick Cleaning the Fridge
Yes, it can be gross, and no one looks forward to cleaning out their fridge. But if you keep on top of it – there shouldn’t be anything nasty to clean out!
- Remove all the food and store it somewhere safe for now. This will ensure enough room to get into all the corners.
- If there are any shelves and drawers, take them out and clean them separately.
- Get yourself a two-sided sponge (one that has a rough side to it,) use some hot water mixed with dishwashing liquid, and get scrubbing.
- Use vanilla or lemon juice to wipe down your clean fridge and it will smell great for ages.
- To minimize food smells, place half an onion in the fridge to absorb odours. Throw it out after a day or two.
Quick Cleaning the Oven
Oven cleaning needn’t be too arduous.
- Firstly, remove any bits of burnt food or liquid that are easily removed.
- Then, mix up half a cup of baking soda with approx. three tablespoons of water until you get a spreadable paste.
- Spread the paste over the interior of your oven, avoiding any heating elements.
- Leave for at least 12 hours.
- Clean the trays.
- Wipe out with a damp cloth and/or a plastic spatula.
- Wipe down with fresh warm water and then spritz with vinegar.
- Residue baking soda will fizz when hit by vinegar. Continue to spray and wipe until there’s no fizzing and your oven is clean.
Quick Cleaning Out Junk
This tends to be a hard one, because for some reason we cling onto things that are completely useless, that take up way more space than they should.
- Go through your things and make three piles, one to keep, one to throw, and a whole bunch of maybes.
- Ask yourself if you use it now, or if you ever will. If the answer is no – get rid of it. (Minus the sentimental things of course!)
- To make it easier, there are companies out there who come the same day and take all your junk for you. Look at samedayrubbishremoval.com.au for more info.
- Old toys, that scratched dining table, and your coffee stained rug can all be taken to a better place now.
Quick Cleaning the Closet
If you have a passion for fashion, then sorting out your closet is a nightmare. There are so many things you know you don’t wear, but the idea of getting rid of them is just too much to bear.
Here’s all you need to think – the more you get rid of, the more you can replace!
… Shopping spree anyone?
Bottom line is, if you follow these tricks, you’ll have a prettier home in no time.